All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 11-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Different Watercrafts

I recently got a few emails regarding kayaks that are a departure from the standard Sit-On-Tops we normally use if you will. I'm not saying they're better or worse than anything else, just different and wanted to share the photos and information with you.

The first photo is of the wavewalker which I have seen posted on the kayak fishing boards every so often. I know it's a twin hull design like "Gone Fishing" uses, so maybe he can shed some light on how he likes the twin hull kayak he uses even though it's a different make and you sit further down in his than the wavewalker from what I've seen. The wavewalker website is at http://wfishingkayaks.com

The second photo is a piece of history and present of a sort. Back years ago, a fellow named Tim Niemier started making the "Ocean Kayak" kayaks and started selling them beside the road in Malibu. He sold his company "Ocean Kayak" to Johnson Outdoors some years ago and took a leave of absence from the kayaking scene for a few years. Well, it appears he has new kayak going under the name of NuCanoe as sorta a crossover between a kayak and canoe. Their website with more photos and descriptions is at http://www.nucanoe.com
if you want to take a look at them.

PerryC.
Attached Images

Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Last edited by PerryC; 11-29-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Home Guard

seaslug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Different Watercrafts

Thanks Perry - if anyone needs contacts in Bellingham, WA (NuCanoe) I have several including at least one kayaker.