All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 07-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Kayak Fishing Book Help Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha

PS, Even tho it says I'm a free swimmer, I've been around quite a while. I'm probaly more of a red snapper expert, living with a yellowtail! Perry's new board didn't pick up our history yet!
Sorry Jerry for the history. When you get your website hacked like I did, that can happen. Whether you had 50 or 500, I dunno. I did enable registered users the ability to create their own custom names. So if you want to be the "Kroaker King" or whatever in your name, you can now.

Also, I will be very busy at work trying to rebuild the electronics department of the 30 year old company where I now work who have had every piece of data and records for the department stolen and/or destroyed, so I will not be fishing often. It will be when I can, and when enough fires are put out for the week at work, my families needs are met, and a few more requirements on my time are also met. Thank You for understanding,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Last edited by PerryC; 07-23-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Baitfish

Toad Patrol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kayak Fishing Book Help Needed

Gee, a book on kayak fishing, huh? What exactly do you want to accomplish?
Get more newbies on the water, who'll soon be fishing your (or my) favorite spot while you're at the keyboard?
Educate the average kayak angler with chapters on rigging, knots, species ID, bait,lure, and equiptment choices, blah blah blah? (I thought that's what the long years of experience was supposed to do.)
Maybe an inspirational (sp?) book with lots of beautiful photos and stories of heroic angling and exotic destinations like the Farralon Is. for great whites or the Amazon for pirannahs? I know, trolling for pit bulls and hookers in the LA river!
How about squid flavored pages that I can rip out and use for chum?
A chapter on first aid for idiots who hook themselves in the face.
Or how to look cool in a hazmat suit?
Which kayak has a draft beer dispenser?
Which sealife are psychotropic?
How not to get ground up in the prop of angry sport boat captains, or drunk ski boat drivers.
Which bait tastes great, in case you don't catch anything.
Ten reasons NOT to wear your PFD.
Murphy's Laws. (like: the more expensive the gear the more likely to flip in the surf, or tell your wife your bringing home dinner means no bites at all.)
All great questions, I'm sure you'll agree.
I'd personally like a book of maps detailing everybody else's secret spot.
I can't wait for my copy (I'm outa TP)
Just kidding of course. Good Luck.
Actually we don't need any more books, tackle, boats, gizmos. We need a new improved FISH! One that grows like a dorado, fights like a wahoo, tastes great, lives in polluted water, and hands back your pliers when you drop them overboard.
-Scott
Old 08-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Kayak Fishing Book Help Needed

Scott,
Man, I haven't seen you around in years How 'ya been? I was going through some of my old photos a few months ago and ran across a few old photos of the old "Fishing Fools" kayak fishing club Mike Owens had going about 6 years ago in SD, and reminisced about the old days of the sport. Man, what a change. Now the manufacturers have teams or pros or whatever you want to call them promoting their stuff, then you have pro staffers around promoting this store...that store, this dealer...that dealer, this club...that club, this click....that click. Makes me wonder where the guys went who JUST FISH,LOL.

I still remember you and your kayak seat with the PVC rod holders you had sewn into them. What an innovation that was. I was up in the Sierra's a couple years back and Mark Hunter from the old Yakfishing.com came up for the night and was doing well which was good to see. Anyway, I hope you've been well and fishing (from a kayak or otherwise) and enjoying life. Take Care,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 08-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Baitfish

kayakjak is on a distinguished road

Those guys putting their yaks in the winter are really missing out. I fish year round in mine here in the midwest. Last year I found open water when most lakes were frozen and still caught trout and perch.

Remember there is more than the coastlines. I've got a paradise right in my backyard here. Crystal clear spring fed water, Big Bass, 12 other species of fish and well protected from the elements. Also a couple larger lakes that we catch lots of White Bass and Hybrid Striped Bass by the hundreds! The techniques we use are probably a little different from the coasts but we still catch fish, and at a high rate. Lately with the large Shad hatch we can throw our cast net once and get 200-300 shad in the net for bait.

There are hundreds of people taking up this type of fishing every month and your book would be a great help but experience has been my mainstay and the forums are wonderful to learn from people.

If any of you guys want to experience some excellent fishing from kayaks just let me know. There is a bed and breakfast 5 minutes from the lake at $60 per night and I will cook you the best Rib-Eye you ever ate.

We are about 3.5 hours east of Denver in SW Nebraska.

Kayakjak http://www.kayakjak.com/fishing
Old 08-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Baitfish

Louis Gillingham is on a distinguished road

How about listing your best fishing days .What lure /bait used, conditions,dates, time of tide,moon phase ,time of day . I believe that these would benefit a lot of us
Old 09-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Home Guard

seaslug is on a distinguished road

Use the posts and contact post authors for more details where you need them. Most people would be happy with a credit in the book.

I also agree with keeping the book to techniques and equipment and avoid the regional stuff.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Free Swimmer

dwest is on a distinguished road

Safety

Lessons the environment teaches

Respect for the resource

Fun

Comradeship

Take what you need, eat what you take