All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 09-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Home Guard

seaslug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anybody fishing the Hobie Mirage drive?

Love to go out on the peninsula but would very much like to make some trips with someone else. for a couple of trips, especially if I go outside of the bay. Coast Guard and Baby beach both have restrooms handy.

Do you find parking on the peninsula? I drove around most of the area and looked hard to find parking most places.

I can't get out before Sunday - flying out to Dallas Wednesday afternoon. Would love to go most any time next week.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Baitfish

mswfrog is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Anybody fishing the Hobie Mirage drive?

Hi All,
Just had my Mirage Sport Fisherman for a few weeks. Tried it out in the Southwind Newport Tournament. Only caught a couple of Bass, but had a great time. I live out in Palm Desert and plan to try some Lake fishing, but would love to find some guys to fish with in the harbors and outside. I can sometimes get away for weekday fishing, but mostly weekends. Let me know if anyone wants to try fishing Lake Cahuilla, (they are stocking rainbows on Nov. 16th)it's south of Indio and has easy parking and access. No power boats allowed so it's quiet. mswfrog@aol.com
Mark
Old 11-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Home Guard

seaslug is on a distinguished road

Would like to go out with you on weekends or weekdays in Newport Bay or Dana Point, or up towards Long Beach. Tried lake fishing once - did not enjoy much. Perhaps this winter but I like knowing that any fish could be huge.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Home Guard

Piranha is on a distinguished road

The Monster cart might help! I use it on my fish n dive! It's not as good as the roll-easy, but you can get it for around $109 delivered! The wide wheels help cross the sand at Coast Guard Beach. I usually try to get my yak on the sidewalk asap! www.suffolkkayak.com Argue with them for a good price! Guys name is Ed. Tell em Jerry in California sent you! ($109 delivered!) This is the cart Defjack uses! Piranha

Old 11-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Baitfish

mswfrog is on a distinguished road

Lake Cahuilla Bass. The only thing I caught in 4 hours on the water.
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/111888.jpg