All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All General Kayak Fishing Discussion > All Newbie Kayak Fishing Q&A

Old 04-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Baitfish

cb_wotan is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie to the Forum

Out of Capo Beach, and have given up the fur-n-feathers for iron & squid & plastics. Started last summer and am hooked! I am dry docked across from the boat ramp at DP, and fish locally a lot.

However, I built a cradle and ramp for the Hobie Outback for car transport and will hit freshwater as well as Newport & La Jolla this season..

Any body that has back problems might be interested in my self rescue adventures and in my yak rak design...

Best to all, tight lines, and keep taking classes from those pros cuz' all those shortcuts are winners!!

cb_wotan
orange Hobie Outback
Old 04-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Home Guard

gone_fishing is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newbie to the Forum

Welcome to AKF!!! Great small community of fellow yakers here. We encourage member participation. If you have any questions about posting, check out the Forum Guidelines and HELP section.

Made a trip to La Jolla last summer. Talk about prestine fishing waters!!! Newport has been the bay of choice for me. The evening bass bite can be phenomenal at times. Hopefully we'll catch you on the water in the near future. Tight lines.

Hank

Old 04-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Home Guard

seaslug is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum. I started fishing my Tangerine Hobie Outback last March (2006) and have really enjoyed it.

My right elbow was bugging me for quite a while this year so I will like to see what you are doing for loading. I am still just clean-and-jerking it above my head then onto the roof rack.

I'm going out of either Dana Point or Coast Guard Beach (Newport Bay) tomorrow AM (Sunday) if anyone wants to fish. Email Steve at seaslug.com
Old 04-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Newbie to the Forum

CB,
Welcome to our forums I'm sure more than just myself would be interested in your kayak rack design. So, If you have some photos, please share them with us.

One thing about this sport that really rings true is the resourcefulness of anglers to adapt and make things to make their time of the water more enjoyable and productive. From the roof racks to the bait tanks and other rigging, it all adds up. Looking forward to a few photos, and Thank You for sharing.

Steve,
See 'ya in the morning at Newport

Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Last edited by PerryC; 04-07-2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: addition
Old 04-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Baitfish

Seaslug-
I will launch Saturday(4/21/07) morning off the Dana Point Jet Ski dock(Hobie) at approximately 0800 hours. Hope to see you then!

Jack
Old 04-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Home Guard

I can't make Saturday. Could do Friday or Sunday or Monday.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Baitfish

Seaslug and Perry C. -

Here is the lesson that I learned on DIY car ramp building:

FAGEDDITT !!!

I spent about 60 hours (3 complete revisions of the design) and a total of only $ 200.00 on parts (lumber, boat roller, etc.) to find out that just when I thought I had a working design, the orange Outback twisted off the ramp, fell into an old Chevy van, and cost me $ 400.00 in repair bills to the van !

I walked into the Hobie dealer, bought a Thule rack(the kind that has the rear telescoping-over-the-side-rail roof rack, a piece of carpet for asphalt... and have never been happier !

Well Dana has their Hobie Demo Days this weekend and if ya see a big guy pushin' yaks off Tim's dock with a panama...stop by and say Hi!

Jack
Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Home Guard

I have my new Hobie Outback and still lifting the kayak to the roof rack. I do have a much better technique and it is really pretty easy. Tried the roof rack with the back roller and it just did not fit as well so returned it.

Now in Papaya color Outback and have redesigned my rod holders, etc. Was counting the other day and I have 15 places I could plug in a rod although I only carry 3 rods.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Baitfish

Ranana_Alef is on a distinguished road

This is a relatively new forum. PM Al and tell him you want to get things started in the mid lands. Oh yeah - welcome to the forum.Doug
Old 07-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Baitfish

CipUtice is on a distinguished road

So please, IF YOU DONT HAVE 4x4 or U CANT IDLE THRU THE SAND THEN PARK IN THE GREEN AND USE YOUR WHEELSIs this one of those common sense things that Matt was referring to?