All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 06-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Home Guard

landwhale is on a distinguished road
Default Seal Beach 6-3

Rested yesterday still not 100% and Andy wanted to fish SB today. We launched at 5:15

The sets had 3 ft faces so timed well and made it out dry Andy made bait and I stuck to the Uni Buttered plastics. Paddled out to the end of the jetty with out a bite worked the tip of the jetty for a half hr and got this nice dark calico

After that paddled 1/2 way out to the rig looking for another fish NOTHING NOT EVEN A BITE. Headed back to the jetty and put out the drop shot with a buttered up white ice zoom fluke (my go to halibut bait) worked all the way back to the beach and along the beach no bites. The wind was coming up and the drift along the jetty got purfect so I headed back and started drifting the drop shot and throwing baits up into the jetty with another pass at the beach. It was getting 10:00 so I paddled 1/2 way out the jetty set up about 10 ft of along the drop off for the last drift back to the beach. Cast out to the jetty and heard the drag on the drop shot set the hook still pulling drag toward the jetty grabed the paddle and back paddled away from the jetty to keep the fish out of the rocks picked up the rod and the head shake started let out the mandatory whooping and fought the fish out into deeper water only to br towed bak to the jetty put the rod under my leg and paddled away again then dug out the gaff And on the second attempt

Keep the rod under my leg and went to put the clip in and the dam thing jumped of the gaff got it back to the kayak and set the gaff again got the butt on the clip took the circle hook out of its mouth and called it a day

The surf coming back in was still up so I waited for Andy to land then timed it right again for the landing.

Can't say the fishing was on though I did well on the catching :halibut: just under 13 lbs
Old 06-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Home Guard

kobra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Seal Beach 6-3

Suhweeeet steve!!! Nice butt.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Free Swimmer

ortiznsd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Seal Beach 6-3

Very nice Steve!!!! Looks like you had a productive day after all