All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 10-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Baitfish

gwilly007 is on a distinguished road
Default redondo sunday

Hi all, not much to talk about,I got skunked. I launched at the hand launch ,it was ok but I thought they had a little sand thing there,anyhow got live bait at barge and tried in harbor for awhile and went to look at the open water, my God it looked like huge swells I tried it anyway,forget that crap, it was so rough,finished the day by barge for nadda.Talked to acouple others who had nadda also.I did talk to a guy coming off the half day boat and he said the capt. took them way out in 300 ft+ cause there was nothing closer action wise ,beautiful clear water though,maybe next time I'll have a better report
Old 10-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: redondo sunday

At least you were able to get out over the weekend, so that was good. I think the weather front that came through had a few bumps in it. I've been there too when the outside was pretty confused and bumpy and not fun, I also came inside for not much action so if I think it may get bumpy, I'll go for another spot that has a better protected inside. Do you usually fish in LA or do you also fish in OC?

Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 10-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Free Swimmer

slayersmith is on a distinguished road
Default Re: redondo sunday

At least you got on the water. What was the bait like? Last few time out only pin heads.

Take it easy!

Aaron
Old 10-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Baitfish

gwilly007 is on a distinguished road

hi all,I usually fish in dana point but its so far to go for me I live by disneyland.But I have fished around longbeach,newport and huntington harbor.Bait was I think to big ,I had a scoup of sardines that I ended up letting some go when I left, another problem I think is its so hard to just go out once every 2-3 months at a spot and expect to catch much ,but I loved being out it was a nice day,thanks ,gary
Old 10-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Home Guard

seaslug is on a distinguished road

I'm in old town Tustin so prefer to go Newport and have not yet tried Huntington Harbor or Long Beach. Let me know next time you are going.