All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All General Kayak Fishing Discussion > All Newbie Kayak Fishing Q&A

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Baitfish

CoreyD is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie looking for advice

Hi all,
I am new to the forum & fairly new to Kayaking. I live in Phoenix, AZ & plan to fish local lakes, Colorado river, Rocky Point Mexico, & also CA salt.
I am in the process of planning the purchase of a new boat. It will most likely be an Ocean Kayak Prowler 15.
I have a couple of questions.
First, I am considering a rudder. If price is not a factor, is the rudder a good choice. I understand that a rudder is used basically for tracking and didn't know if it was a worthwhile addition or is just something else to get in the way? I will probably install some sort of anchor trolley, will the rudder interfere with this?
Second, I am a little lost on what to look for in a paddle for this boat, again I am not afraid to spend the money on a high quality paddle.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Great forum, thanks for sharing all the info!