All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Kayak Hoop-Netting

Old 10-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Baitfish

Willyakforfish is on a distinguished road
Default Hooping the LB wall

Hello everyone!

First post on this site so I will go ahead and introduce myself. My name is Colin and I am an avid fisherman who is lucky enough to be able to get into kayak fishing/hooping, although I think I got a late start this season. I am purchasing and outfitting my kayak this week, so of course I am filling with a ton of excitement for the adventure ahead. The kayak I selected was the Ascend A12T sit on top kayak that is sold by Bass Pro Shops. I plan on installing two tubular rod holders in the back, a pvc rack for lobster hoops and a rocket launcher style holder in the front for starters. Later on I would like to install a Humminbird PiranaMAX 160 fish finder, get a hand held VHF radio (found water proof ones running from $50+) and maybe a homemade 5 gallon bait tank. Hopefully if I budget this correctly I should have a pretty decent kayak that I can use for fishing and hooping for around $650.

With that being said, I was curious if there were any other members on this site that fished around the LB area. I am looking for a group to fish the oil islands with and/or try hooping the break wall. Like I said, I am new to this sport so any advice or suggestions would be welcome. If anyone would be interested in letting me tag along for an AM/PM adventure, I'd be willing to supply the coffee or cold beer depending on the time of our departure.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Predator

paintnfish is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hooping the LB wall

Colin, my son and I will launch tomorrow
at 5:30 pm for a few hours.

Easy launch, five minute paddle, calm water.