All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Tournaments > 2010 OEX Tournament Trail

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Hobie Fishing Team

zinkysd is on a distinguished road
Default What to do when the tournament is postponed???

So what do you do when the tournament you've been waiting for 4 months is called and there's a T-storm coming that canceled the tournament??? Well if you're me you go fishing with the boys. Met up with Gilbert and Brady @ Mission Bay for a little prefish for that tournament. We launched @ 6:00 to partly cloudy skies and about 5mhp of wind.

We made our way over to Fiesta Island and found the spotties biting pretty good. I thought that the bite was going to be off due to the poor tides but that was not the case.

Not a lot of size the biggest being 2.2# and my bag of 5 being a little over 8#. When I left @ 11:00 we had about 50 fish between the 3 of us. It rained only for about 5 minutes max and the wind was never more than 10 mph.

To bad the tourny was called i think it would have been good @ Oside. And for those of you who were wondering about Oside here's what it looked like @ 12:00 as I took the family to Disneyland.

Ken
Team Dana Point Jet Ski