All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All General Kayak Fishing Discussion > All Newbie Kayak Fishing Q&A

Old 07-23-2014, 05:57 PM
Baitfish

ffaoe is on a distinguished road
Default looking to get started

Hello all,

I am looking to get into kayak fishing. I have been fresh and saltwater fishing for about 15 years now but have not fished from a kayak. I am looking for a very basic fishing kayak to get started. I am looking for something in the $300-$350 range. I know there are not many models out there in that range, but any opinions on the few would be appreciated. I am keeping the budget low as I have started a gofundme campaign.

http://www.gofundme.com/bzx7xc

any advice would be appreciated, thanks
Old 07-31-2014, 05:50 PM
Baitfish

ffaoe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: looking to get started

An update: Because of unforeseen events, I will not be able to buy my first kayak this year. Hopefully when things have worked out over the winter, I will be ready to get a kayak for the spring.

I am still interested in any opinions of kayak models in the $300-400 range would be good for a starter fishing kayak.
Thanks
Old 10-26-2017, 05:38 AM
Baitfish

Mike is on a distinguished road
Default Re: looking to get started

There are many kayaks that you can find. But the information you provided is very limited. It depends on what kind of weather and water you plan on kayaking. If you haven't experienced kayaking before you can try some of the kayaks out by renting them or look for cheap and best kayak for beginners. Lifetime 10’ Sport Fisher Tandem might fall in your budget. It is a sit-on top kayak for two people. Highly stable and offers enough storage space for fishing purpose having three rod holders.