All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Tournaments > All Other Kayak Fishing Tournaments

Old 11-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Home Guard

gone_fishing is on a distinguished road
Default Redondo Yak Tourney 11/25

Baytubers will be hosting a kayak fishing tournament tomorrow at Kings Harbor. I've decided to give it a shot and sign up. I don't think this rookie has much of a chance but I'm hoping to enjoy the time out there with fellow yakers and maybe catch a few pescados along the way. As far as I know, there still is plenty of slots open if anyone is interested. I've never fished at Redondondo Harbor but it looks like some decent sized Flatties can be caught there. I'll sent back a report and possibly some pics.
http://www.baytubers.com/

Hank

Old 11-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Free Swimmer

slayersmith is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Redondo Yak Tourney 11/25

They had about 17 people signed up. Jim day won the turny with about a 20lb stringer. He had a just legal butt at about 4.5lbs for big fish and a nice stringer of sand bass, calico and I think some bonita thrown in the mix. So Jim Day took all the money! Good job Jim!

I had a slow day, no luv on the butts. Caught a football sized BSB, 2 short baricuda, 1 bone, and a bunch of macs. At least I have bugg bait.

We had great weather, sun was in and out of the clouds, very little wind, and pretty glassy most of the morning.

The eats afterward were pretty good also. Smoked tuna, lobster with peppers, cevichi, 9 layer dip, black eyed peas, fruit salad and churches chicken. The food afterwards is almost my favorit part of the baytubers tournaments. Oh yea and A guy named Leo brought a bunch of flowers that he grows and they were a big hit with the wife.

The hand launch at Redondo will be closed until March for repairs.

The next baytubers tournament will be at Cabrillo in December.

Take it easy!

Aaron
Old 11-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Redondo Yak Tourney 11/25

Aaron,
Thanks for the update about the tourney and for letting us know about the hand launch at Redondo. I remember a few years ago it was closed for quite a while when they were doing repairs to it and dredging under it I believe. I had to use the boat launch dock a few times then, not quite as easy but alot better than not fishing until the hand launch reopened. TC&TL,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 11-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Free Swimmer

slayersmith is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Redondo Yak Tourney 11/25

Perry,

After the tournament we went over and checked out the boat launch. Rumor has it we will be able to launch our kayaks from the boat launch area. It is a tight fit for a long kayak to get thru the gate and down the angled ramp. Looks like it will take two people to lift the kayak over the railing to get on the angled ramp to the dock. One person might be able to carry a kayak sideways and make it. You would have to launch quickly so you are not tying up the dock and piss the boat launch guys off.

Come on out to the baytubers tournament at cabrillo on December 16th they are frying up turkeys after the turney.

Take it easy!

Aaron