All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Free Swimmer

defjack is on a distinguished road
Default Bonefish and Ghostshrimp at J st.

Have been fishing J st in Chula Vista with plastics for 20 years now. Catch plenty of Spotties some Halibut.Tried Ghostshrimp last week and wow instant bite on Croker or Bonefish.One question im new at pumping bait it was easy to make the first time but a lot harder the next 2 times.I know you need a low tide but how about the time of day? Any tackle shops in San Diego sell it? If anyone wants to give this area a try let me know Im down there at least once a month for a week or 2. Jack
Old 03-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Bonefish and Ghostshrimp at J st.

Jack,
Good to see 'ya The last place I heard that was carrying ghost shrimp in San Diego was Sports Bait & Tackle on Garrison Street. I have their address as 3016 Garrison St, with a phone of 619-523-0107.

One of the places I have heard of pumping shrimp in SD is the South cove on Vacation Island, and around that area. I'm not sure if TOD matters much, just from about 1/2 low tide to absolute low tide is when I've heard is the best time. I know guys used to pump them up here in OC and they liked an early low tide so they could pump them then, then wait until a few hours before to high tide to use them.

After TPN April tourney, I'd be more than happy to join you and chase some bonefish around. Talk to you soon,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 03-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Free Swimmer

defjack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bonefish and Ghostshrimp at J st.

Thanks Perry im not going down untill after April.With Ghostshrimp and plastics its pretty hard to have a slow day there. Jack