All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 08-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Just4theHalibut

JP5_Wunder_Yak is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Inshore or offshore........

I usually fish inshore, in the inlets and bays of Virginia Beach. I heard some guys talking about offshore kayak fishing today........They were talking of Sharks, Striper, Cobia. Anyone ever done offshore fishing in this or any other area. What different gear or actions do I need to take to catch these bigger fish??????
Old 08-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Free Swimmer

yak attack is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Inshore or offshore........

well i have been a few times here in jacksonville it can be alot of fun but just as frusterating!!
make sure you are a good paddler and comfortable in falling out becasue it will probly happen in the breakers so on your first trip i would only bring no more that 2 poles and very few gear make sure everything is tied down and think about how you will get back on if you capsize... going out isnt to bad i only flipped once and there was like 12 foot swells but coming in is a diffrent story the waves will twist you so i paddle in backwards much easier!!!!
as far as fishing goes use your kayak as an advantage dont go to far and try not to go alone sharks are a blast but think about what your going to do with a shark in your kayak?? cobia are great to talk to local fisherman about tactics and ways to fish beyond the breakers... i know here in jax i drive around till i find pogy pods this time of year and the only do i go out when i see the pods where i catch tarpon kingfish and somtimes jacks good luck!!
Old 08-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Just4theHalibut

JP5_Wunder_Yak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Inshore or offshore........

I'm gonna be in pensacola for 5 weeks from 24 aug to 28 sep, problem is i won't have a yak or a vehicle while i'm there. any good info on rentals or something to get me in the water?? thanks....
Old 08-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Free Swimmer

yak attack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Inshore or offshore........

i have no idea about anything there
do a search about it? or just ask around when you get there you will find somthing
good luck!!!