All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 07-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default PV and The Wall Sunday Night

Decided on a last minute trip up to PV and the Wall Sunday and friend Normie decide to hop on.

Plan was to roll up to PV before dark and see what was biting. Wind was pretty steady but the lack of any swell made it easy to work up into PV.

Found a nice spot of kelp in deeper water and first cast with the iron was greeted by no less than 5 boils on the trip back to the boat. Norm tossed a swimmy and was instantly hooked up.

We played in the spot until about 9:30pm getting some nice calicos and a few WSB, one almost legal at 27".

Norm got a few callies on the iron and the rest came on swimbaits

While I was catching decent fish, Norm proceeded to take my camera and snap a few exciting shots of my GPS antenna. Now I enjoy good photo skills as much as the next guy, but Normies work takes it to a new level

You really have to appreciate how he frames the GPS module here with a blurred image of my 4+lb bass in the background. This angle just sucks (you into the moment.)

or here, how Norm tries to blend three distinct objects, the GPS, a decent bass and a wicked sunset all into one layered image

All joking aside, Norm just hammered the fish out there whilst we attempted to maintain out position over the kelp!

As we were leaving PV, Norm offered me a beverage and a new type of vitamin, something he called a Ruffie. The stuff is pretty good. I must've been tired cause the rest of the night was kind of a blur

...and I think I tripped over backwards on a tackle box cause my a$$ was pretty sore this morning

We moved to the Wall were we had a pretty good pick on Calicos, sandies, and Norm mixed it up with 2 flavors of perch and a flying sculpin

Norm with the largest Zebra Perch I have ever seen.

Really good times again with well over 40 fish in the boat and no less than 10 zing-pows on the Wall.

Ed
Old 07-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: PV and The Wall Sunday Night

Ed,
Thanks for the report. I know you have the wall dialed in pretty darn good. I'm not sure what Norm gave 'ya, but seeing traces is some pretty strong stuff Flying Sculpin eh? Sounds like one big swing to me,LOL. Betcha the sculpie was thinking "Wilco Tango Foxtrot" just happened and why am I flying through the air? TC&TL,

Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 07-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Livin' the Dream

Default Re: PV and The Wall Sunday Night

...and on the sculpin, yeah one big swing and bam it hit Norm right in the forehead and bounced in the water.

I said "good thing that wasn't a sculpin" that bounced off your noggin and then when he pulled the jig/fish outta the water and saw it was a sculpin, we just started cracking up. That mess could have gone horribly wrong!!!

Ed
Old 07-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Home Guard

seaslug is on a distinguished road

Was Norm just lucky or is his head that hard?

I was on a 6-pack a couple of years back in a hot bite and the deckhand gaffed a Dorado and hit me right on my glasses, left eye. Bent the frames, blood all over. Had to pick up the pieces and catch 2 fish in the next 10 minutes.

Steve
Old 07-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Livin' the Dream

Steve, I know what you mean.

I used to wear glasses and on one trip was pulling on a big tuna, with the rod straight in front of me, leaning back hard on a pull, when the line snapped and the pole whipped back and caught me straight up the nose and forehead. Busted my glasses in half and split my nose/forehead wide open. I looked around for help before I bled out but noone could get off the deck they were laughing so hard.

...and yeah Norm has a head of steel!!!

Ed
Old 07-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Home Guard

seaslug is on a distinguished road

I don't complain about the glasses - they have saved me eye damage several times in my life.

Steve
Old 07-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about

Great report Ed! I haven't seen a zebra perch in a long time. I used to catch
ones that size off of the Oceanside pier. They are terrible to eat! Grey colored
mushy flesh. Better to c&r those mama jammas.

Robert