All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All General Kayak Fishing Discussion > All Foods and Beverages

Old 02-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile BBQ and Superbowl

Decided to make the superbowl a priority this year, and put the halt on other things and watch it from start to finish. Of course, no superbowl would be complete with good food to go along with it. I recently changed from an offset traditional bbq/smoker and picked up a Weber Smokey Mountain or WSM for short which is a vertical water BBQ. I thought Superbowl Sunday would be a good chance to break it in sorta speak. I decided to do some Tri-Tip and Turkey Breast with some Pappy's Rub on the Tri-Tip and Lemon-herb baste on the turkey. In order to be able to adjust the heat better, I used chunk/lump charcoal instead of the traditional briquettes.

You can see the lump charcoal getting ready to dump and assemble the WSM.

A inside view of the WSM showing why it's called a water smoker.

After putting everything together and the meat on, it was just about superbowl time, and time to crack a cold one and watch the game. The Q ran at about 275 on the high side and about 250 for an average. The water evaporation helped keep the meat nice and juicy and formed a nice crust on the outside to seal in the juices. The below photo is of the TRi-Tip which came out pretty darn good for the first time around.

And last but not least is the turkey breast. We had both meats for Superbowl dinner with some home made chili and scratch made biscuits.

I would have included photos of everything, but when it hit the table we put a serious dent in it pretty quick

Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 02-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Predator

Scott Shaw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BBQ and Superbowl

Wow ! That new cooker is the one. Better get the BBQ ready for a prime rib or baby backs for Big Bear.Scott
Old 02-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: BBQ and Superbowl

Epic looking grub Perry!

Robert