All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 08-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default San Diego Bay (Shelter Island) 8/12

Drew, Jackie, Bob, and I launched at 6:15 A.M. It was overcast and the water
was flat calm with no wind. Water temp was 73 degrees. We paddled out to the main channel straight off the pier. The tide was coming in and we had a nice drift going.

We started picking up some fish right away. Drew landed this nice one and several others.

Jackie picked up this nice one. A short time later she hooked into what we think was a bat ray. It started to tow her out to Point Loma! I'll let her tell the story.
We drifted past the helicopter pad almost to the aircraft carriers. It was like a lake out there. No wind at all. All the fish we were catching kept us busy.

Here is Bob doing some minor surgery on a spottie. The 2" Gulp shrimp on the dropshot was killing the bass as usual.

A little while later Drew hooked into a batray that took him om a 20 minute slay ride before it came unbuttoned. More boat traffic was making the channel a little hairy, so we made a move over to the Bali Hai shoal. It was pretty good fishing there for some nice spotties. I caught a bunch on the 3" Gulp shrimp on a 1/2 oz leadhead. We called it a day around noon. It was a lot of fun fishing with some great friends! We ended up catching 30+ bass each.

Robert
Old 08-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Barracuda

Beachem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: San Diego Bay (Shelter Island) 8/12

Robert,

Another fun filled fishing day on the bay. Conditions were the best I’ve seen in a while, no wind and a strong tidal movement.

Jackie’s sleigh ride- I was sitting there and from somewhere behind me I hear Jackie give a woo hoo!, like she hooked up to a nice fish. Being she was behind me, I really could see what was going on. Then out of the corner of my eye I see her moving by me. I figured she was just repositioning for another drift. Then I paused, and replayed through my mind what I thought I’d just seen. She was moving towards Pont Loma, but she wasn’t paddling. Whatever was on the other end of the line was pulling her. I reeled in my line and started paddling. I finally caught up with her - 100 ft. later. She was doing the give and take battle for another 50 ft. and then, whatever it was, spit the hook. A little while later in the same area Drew hooked up to something that gave him a similar ride. General consensus was, it was a nice sized bat ray.
Here’s a pic of one of the nice SBB you caught.

BC
Old 10-14-2019, 04:53 AM
Baitfish

amanthaasel is on a distinguished road

Fishing is the hobby that is known by all and some use this as a profession for good and best-getting food points. The article of the Robert is issued in topessaywriting.org review for review containing paragraph by making the top essay of different components.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:53 AM
Baitfish

Plata O Plomo is on a distinguished road

Nice! I just left Vista in April for the Lake Tahoe area and am just discovering kayak fishing. I have a new ATAK 140 in the garage I picked up last week. I wish I had got into this when I lived there. I spent a lot of time fishing Oceanside, La Jolla, Point Loma and Mexico.

Keep posting your pics!

Cheers

POP
Old 11-01-2019, 08:58 AM
Baitfish

Carterned is on a distinguished road

Nice to see you Bay fellas having fun. I'll be visiting in the Spring for sure!