All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Fresh-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 07-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Ichthys

carlc is on a distinguished road
Default Hot and fishy!

Well, the weekend was not a total bust. It was very hot in the deep South this weekend. But I went fishing anyway and actually caught a few. The excitement came when I hooked a bass on a small popper-fly and he decided to take me for a ride. Although the bend in the 5-6 weight flyrod was respectable, it wasn't anything to get too worked up over. The bad news is that after a short but good fight, my adversary shook free and returned to the cooler evening waters instead of joining me in my kayak for a photo.

I tried a few of the flies I had tied earlier in the week and although they performed okay, clearly my skills will have to be honed before I fool any fish with them. Fortunately for me, our Southern bass and bream tend to be very open minded when it comes to the things they wil at least try to eat. I think that for a while, my hooks will have to be very sharp to make up for my lack of attractive flies.