All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Fresh-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 01-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Monkeyface Prickleback

jrodda is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Newbury Park

Hi all, I was suggested this site by spencerssf for kayaking but I hear you guys accept other PWC's. So here is a report from bass fishing on my raft-

Went to Cypress Pond for we have a holiday today at my school district for some random reason. Overslept so I got there around 7am instead of 6:30am. Pretty much uneventful on Elijah and I's part until around 9 or 10am when I got this guy on a powerbait ribbontail worm. Spencer came just in time so we could start our tagging project. This huge guy nearly mauled Elijah.

Luckily we got it down to size and I thumbed the beast and tagged it. Its code? 2 green. Pretty complex stuff.

Later after Drew and Spencer left it left just me and Elijah. We started to get comfy when suddenly the bass of the day spoils it. Elijah cracked a joke before taking the pic which is the excuse for my face.

Then Elijah needed one. He decided to BE the bass. THen he got his first bass out of Cypress. He was still BEING the bass.

Then we tied up on the bouy Spencer set out and we chilled for a bit and casted in circles. Then this guy ruined the chillin'.

Then something splashed and we thought the gods were angry with our relative success. Then some kid yelled at us and realized stupid teenagers were throwing rocks at us from afar. We yelled at them to knock it off and some other kids back us up from land. They stopped throwing rocks. We got hungry as 14 year olds do so we decided to part ways. Now its time to scrape the mud off the ol' Pain in the Bass (named my raft that). New classes this week so I'm hoping I have time to get back this weekend with Elijah. This time with some food.

JR
Old 01-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Home Guard

Iceman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from Newbury Park

some good bassin in t shirt weather, thanks for sharing, you guys north east of Malibu?
Old 01-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Monkeyface Prickleback

jrodda is on a distinguished road

Northwest actually, in Ventura County.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Predator

spencerssf is on a distinguished road

That was fun, hope to do it next weekend.