All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Fishing Kayaks Forums > All Other Fishing Kayaks

Old 05-04-2014, 03:06 PM
SaltyBonez

samson is on a distinguished road
Default Perception Striker Angler 11.5

I just got home from taking my new yak, Stiker, out for a spin and it's perfect for me.

The skinny (or fat), I'm 6'1, 275lb. I have yak'd before but not in 20 years. I live a football field away from the beach and love to fish. Fishing from the piers, the jetties, the beach and anywhere else I could find. I always loved watching the boats but after hearing every friend tell me about their own boat horror stories I just couldn't bite the cost for what I was hearing. They take care of their stuff too! Sooooooo, I'm sure even after all that one day I'll get me a nice creek skiff but until then, I've found heaven!

I searched Craigslist for a couple months hoping to bump into a cheap find but in everything I found the weight limit was a joke. A joke especially if you planned on making modifications which was my intention. I found a couple 350ish limits that looked very promisiong but what did it is when I went to West Marine and saw their new yak. Same perception but with their name plastered all over it, plus vs Dicks it was $200 more. The main selling point was the weight limit. 500lbs, very impressive. I need it because when I finish my pontoons I'll be putting a 50lb trolling motor on the back with battery.

Needless to say I ran out and got the Perception and couldn't be more happy. This was the first day out. Light to moderate wind, semi-choppy, didn't leave the back bays but went near the jetties. It tracks very well to be so big and the secondary seat really does work if you have the balance for it 8) This won't be a problem when I finish my fiberglass pontoons and put em in place It was so comfortable that I ended up taking a 20 minute nap while anchored. I will say that the rod holder in the upper right side is a joke. I knew that when I saw it but it's a small thing and I'm sure in time something else will plug in nicely there.

I went to Bass Pro Shop and picked up a "scupper" type dolly for $52 dollars that works very well. I know I could have made one but I wanted it now and knew I was going to fish today so it worked out. I didn't have one time when I went 'Whew! as in losing balance and that's saying a lot as I'm not some skinny athletic type. Very solid, felt very secure. The stock seat kept me comfortable and my back only started acting up as I reached my truck. I will also say for such a semi-choppy day the scupper holes in the seat didn't get me wet one bit.

I'm sure I'll add more. I wanted to get this up as I didn't find too many good reviews for this yak and it needs exposure as it's a perfect fit for myself and I'm sure many others. Any questions don't hesitate. I'll load some pictures when I get em off my phone.

peace,
Samson

Stock image of Yak:

Their words:
The Perception SportĀ® Striker Angler Kayak makes a relaxing day of fishing even more enjoyable! The Striker Angler is packed with awesome features like the super-stable signature tri-hull; perfect for casting off. The two tier molded seat and stand-up assist strap make it easy to adjust to the position you need. Four molded-in rod holders, a day hatch, large tankwell and molded in ruler give you all the tools you need for a successful catch.

FEATURES:

• 1-person sit-on-top kayak
  • Ideal for paddling in flat or slow-moving water
  • Signature tri-hull for great stability
  • Two tier molded seat
  • Stand-up assist strap
  • High weight capacity
  • Molded-in footwells
  • 4 molded-in rod holders
  • Multiple molded-in paddle rests
  • Molded-in measurement ruler
  • Day hatch
  • Large tankwell with bungee

For additional information relating to the Manufacturer's Warranty, please contact 1-877-755-2925.

Specifications:
  • Length: 11'6"
  • Width: 33"
  • Carry weight: 65 lbs
  • Weight capacity: 500 lbs
  • Manufacturer's 3 year limited warranty
  • Perception Sport

Last edited by samson; 05-04-2014 at 03:23 PM. Reason: added a picture
Old 10-31-2017, 10:44 PM
Baitfish

Desy 104 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Perception Striker Angler 11.5

Very well written information. Keep up the good work. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:29 AM
luciham20

Default Re: Perception Striker Angler 11.5

The Ascend "D12" Angler Kayak gives kayakers the comfort, stability, and performance they want out on the water. This specially designed 12' kayak starts with a custom crafted tunnel hull that delivers improved static and dynamic lateral stability serious kayakers want out on the water! This specialized hull design provides solid directional tracking for easy paddling and increased speed, excellent load carrying ability, and good reserve buoyancy and longitudinal damping of any pitch motion in rough water. monster legends breed