All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Fresh-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 04-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Barracuda

jonee523 will become famous soon enough
Default Perris 4/26/07 2 parts

Hey all,

Well I hit up perris again today. I arrived on the lake about 830am to find a few of my friends fishing for crappie. To say the least today was not to good. From 830 till 130 I only managed 1 hand size crappie. I launched from the ramp 5 and fished the entire launch area. I then made my way to lot 3 (swim beach) for nada. I guess the bass had lock jaw today. If anything had a great paddle ( I took off the sissy bars), my pungo 120 is actually better without them. to be continued.......

Part 2.
Went back to Perris about 5pm (left the boat at home) and fished from the launch docks. Funny this morning I caught only 1 fish. This evening I managed to get 9 just over hand size crappie 1/2lb size. I fished till 8pm all fish were caught on white mini jigs tipped with crappie nuggets. I actually kept them for dinner (I usually C&R). They were decent tasting considering it was fresh water fish. Anyway thought to share with everyone.

tight lines and paddle well,

Jon

jonee523
Old 04-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Predator

Needlefish will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Perris 4/26/07 2 parts

I went Sat. AM with my sons. Thought we would get into some dropshot bass off Sail Cove, but not today. Fish were lock-jawed for sure. I did see some nice holdover trout being caught off the boat docks at the marina. Seemed like live shad was the hot ticket. Water clarity was not what I expected it to be.........kinda stained.