All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Fresh-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 11-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Baitfish

brin is on a distinguished road
Default kayak fishing on Owasco Lake, NY

Wondering.............anybody have any experience with this finger lake?
Especially kayaking.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Baitfish

koolerb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: kayak fishing on Owasco Lake, NY

I've fished it from a boat. Lot of bass. It's not huge for a finger lake but still pretty big for a kayak. If I had to pick an end to start I'd say I like the north end better. Sight fishing for smallies in the spring is allot of fun if you have a yak you can stand up in.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Baitfish

Overly Hackled is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brin View Post
Wondering.............anybody have any experience with this finger lake?
Especially kayaking.
[/QUOTE]
I fish extensively in several of the Finger Lakes. Primarily Canandaigua Lake and the West River, Naples Creek drainages, and the "Little Lakes" Honeoye,(and the inlet) Canadice and Hemlock Lakes.
Amazing fisheries .Among the species available to taunt you are ,Brown, Lake, Rainbow trout, Large ,Small Mouth and Rock Bass, Walleye,Pike,Pickerel, Crappie, Bullheads, Perch,Walleye, Blue Gill, Pumpkin Seed (All the usual pan fish suspects), Fall Fish,and Carp .Proubly missed a few but you get the idea. If you want to go a bit further from this area you can find great Steel Head and Salmon runs in the lake Ontario tribs. The Finger Lake Tribs have fantastic runs of Rainbows most years. Warm Temps early have caused the "Spawn and Gone" drill this year.

I fly fishing ,use live bait or lures to tangle with em when ever I can . Great hard water fishing ,(Well not this year as the ice never really developed) fishing. No secrets on ice fishing we do it just like most of ya do ,tip ups ,tip downs, dead sticking, jigging ,and whiskey . Smelt runs are not what they use to be but we have a good time on Canadice Lake ice fishing for them.

I'm a licensed NY State fishing Guide ,but don't take folks out any longer.After 20 some odd years of guiding I just don't have the temperament for it any longer. Getting old and grumpy, well older and grumpier. No offense but it's a pain in the neck and I'd rather fish with my friends .But if you get out this way send me a PM and I'll point you in the right direction

This region is an outdoor paradise with what I would consider some of the best fishing opportunities in terms of diversity and a shot a both good limits and trophy fish in the North East. I shore fish ,Yak fish ,pier fish and have a 14 foot Star Craft with a 9.9 motor .I keep it under 10 hp in order to fish Canadice and Hemlock that have 10 hp motor limits. I bum rides on bigger boats to get on the "Big Water" like Canandaigua , and Seneca Lakes . I get out on those waters with the small HP boat but you have to be very aware of the weather and wind conditions.
I tell ya folks I don't work for the tourist industry ,but if you looking to get into some beautiful country and some fantastic Yaking for fishing ,recreation or wildlife peeking you can't beat the Finger Lakes area. If your into adult beverages from the perspective of visiting wineries and micro breweries you won't have time to hit em all.

I would not recommend moving here however unless you love to pay outrageous taxes and are really into intrusive government. We major in those two aspects of life in NY state.

Your Pal .
Overly Hackled
Old 12-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Baitfish

mohsinj677 is on a distinguished road

I got tickets for Wed may 2 opener at Barrett. It will be me, Kevin Harvey, BrettD, and Moyer. We are bringing my Hobie revolution and maybe a Torque
Old 12-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Baitfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsinj677 View Post
I got tickets for Wed may 2 opener at Barrett. It will be me, Kevin Harvey, BrettD, and Moyer. We are bringing my Hobie revolution and maybe a Torque

000-183 questions 000-183 questions
Old 01-19-2016, 09:10 PM
Baitfish

Prep4sure.com Lean-Six-Sigma green Belt Certification Training
Old 11-01-2017, 12:07 AM
Baitfish

Desy 104 is on a distinguished road

So much useful information. I am very glad that I joined you!
Old 12-14-2017, 08:36 AM
Baitfish

bestkayak is on a distinguished road

Thank U for good Information...