All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Fresh-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 08-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Baitfish

Grantalon is on a distinguished road
Default Input on a Kayak

Hi, I'm new to the kayak fishing. I have fished in a PB all my life but now I am wanting to get a kayak and I was looking around when I found the cobra yaks which I really like (specifically the marauder xf) Unfortunately they don't have a dealer very near to me (4 hours or so from where I live) but I got on craigslist and found a fish n dive used one that is in very good condition but was looking for a little bit of input from the community and people who would know best! Here is a link to what I found

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...913878120.html

I have read many reviews and such, the year of this specific yak is 2000 and I was really wondering more on the side of whether it was a good deal or not?

Any input would be great.

x Grantalon
Old 08-24-2010, 06:46 AM
Baitfish

AFARR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Input on a Kayak

I have no experience with Cobra kayaks (and very limited experience with Sit On Tops...but I'm learning quickly...since I sold my Sit Insides to 'upgrade').

My take on that boat....nice kayak. Reviews seem pretty good...it is a bit wide (but that can make for a nice, stable boat).

Price looks fair (check the condition, etc.)...

But, for that much money, and pretty much already equipped with a seat (looks like you might want to install some rod holders), it's probably a good deal.

Worst case, you can use it for a season or two and resell it for what you have into it and get something that is more specific to your needs (longer, narrower, shorter, etc.).

AFARR
Old 08-25-2010, 04:35 AM
Baitfish

beardedguy is on a distinguished road

The Cobra FnD is a very good fishing platform. It is considered a very slow kayak,
so depending on what you plans are it may or may not be the correct ride for you.
I owned one for a number of years and enjoyed it very much. The only draw back is
the foot wells are very narrow. The storage is fantastic. I believe all FnD's come
with four flush mount rod holders. They have plenty of space for mounting other
accessories. The price isn't bad. If you don't like it or wish to upgrade later you
should have no problem getting you money back on resale.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Free Swimmer

JessicaParker is on a distinguished road

Well i would be suggesting for inflatable ones, as these are easy to control and maneuver apart for other kayaks makes....