All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Fishing Kayaks Forums > All Hobie Kayaks

Old 06-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Hobie Guru

steamroll is on a distinguished road
Default Easy and effective Hobie Upgrades

Easy and Effective upgrades for Hobie Kayaks

I’ve had my Hobie Revolution for about 10 months now. I love it, but felt that I needed to upgrade a few things for maximum performance. I’ve added a few pictures for reference.

• Turbo Fins – The first thing I did was replace the stock fins for the new Turbo Fins. The turbos are longer, stiffer and more responsive than the stock fins. Now I can get up to full speed in no time and maintain that speed with less output. $79.95

• Sailing Rudder – Hobie makes a rudder for the Adventure Island that is bigger and deeper than the stock rudder. The sailing rudder is insanely responsive. It works great a full speed and also while drifting, I found that I can adjust the angle of my drift significantly by slightly moving my rudder. $22.95

• Hardware – Hobie designed a unique interchangeable hardware system on their kayaks. Each padeye, cleat and bungee end can be replaced with each other. I removed some the padeyes and cleats from my tank well and replace them with bungees and hooks to hold my bait tank. $3.50 per piece

• Pedal – The pedal on the Mirage Drive system likes to hang upside down and away from the user. To fix this, I removed the foot strap and attached a 1.5 oz egg sinker to the bottom of the back of the pedal using Marine Goop. Now it sit perfectly positioned for me to place my feet down and go. $1

Any questions. Call the ALL KAYAK FISHING - HOBIE Experts @ 760-721-6195
Old 11-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Baitfish

MikeyM is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Easy and effective Hobie Upgrades

The peddle trick is pure genius.