All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All General Kayak Fishing Discussion > All Newbie Kayak Fishing Q&A

Old 04-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Baitfish

John U.P. is on a distinguished road
Default Aerators for Tarpon 140

Hello,

I just purchased a Tarpon 140 and would like to eventually install an aerator type bait bucket in the hatch just in front if the seat. Does anyone know of a kit that fit or works best for this type of kayak.

Thank you!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Barracuda

Margarita Mike is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aerators for Tarpon 140

Never heard of one, Look at all the posts and see that 99% of us, use a home made bait tank. Great for holding fish in tourneys and also holding bait when needed.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Free Swimmer

james92026 is on a distinguished road

"Ditto" but I would be interested in this as well. I do know that the Malibu Stealth nine and possibly the other larger stealth models do have some sort of bait well in that location. I am close to buying a T140 as well and it would be nice to have an easy to reach bait well. There is already a small hatch cover there, but not that big. It might be possible to somehow fit a larger rectangular tank under the existing cover (provided there is enough space under it) but not sure how you would get it into place unless there is access from the one in the bow, then the problem would be to figure a way to attach an inlet and discharge hose. A through hull fitting would be ideal. When I had my Sea Ray, I had a professionally installed tank built on the dive platform and the pickup was a permanent, through the hull fixture that would draw water up from beneath the boat. Of course since it was an inboard/outboard, there was access to the engine compartment (and hull) providing easy access to the fitting, pump, bilge pump e.t.c.

BTW...how do you like your Tarpon? Is there anything I should be aware of? Is a rudder necessary? (I have an opportunity to get a used one with rudder, anchor, rod holder for $795, or a brand new one (with good warranty) for $975.))

Excuse my "wordiness", I tend to get a bit verbose at times.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Home Guard

kobra is on a distinguished road

Call CJ at OEX Mission Bay. He used to be involved with Kayatank, an internal bait tank. Sounds like it's exactly what you're looking for.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Free Swimmer

Hopefully, I will be seeing CJ in the near future and will ask him and then report back to y'all. awaiting results from job interview, once I know for certain, I am definitely going to buy a Tarpon 140.

QUOTE=kobra;6980]Call CJ at OEX Mission Bay. He used to be involved with Kayatank, an internal bait tank. Sounds like it's exactly what you're looking for.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Home Guard

kobra is on a distinguished road

Good luck on the interview James.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Free Swimmer

thanks