All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Fresh-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 08-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Baitfish

travis troutwhisperer is on a distinguished road
Default fishing hiwassee river in east tennessee

well guys and gals .I just got back from a fishing camping trip on the hiwassee river this weekend in my new ocean Kayak ultra 4.7 great times the weather was great lots of people fishing .I fished the lower part of the river by hiwassee outfitters and the trout are few and far between down there the main reason is the striped bass a.k.a rockfish are swimming up river now where the water is much cooler than the lake so all you folks that like fishing for large rockfish it's the place to be the right now .watch the guy from the bank land a 40 pound rockfish what a fight that was wish I coulda caught that on my kayak bing that I only had ultra light tackle wasn't much sense in trying but I think I will head back this weekend with some heavy rods and reels for backup just to try to land 1 of those big boys oh what a fight that would be I think that would make a magazine picture.well that's all for now hope to meet a few Kayak anglers out there this week end sure would be nice to get a kayak fishing club together here in east tennessee