All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 06-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Hobie Fishing Team

zinkysd is on a distinguished road
Default SCI on the Islander

I got a chance to fish on the Islander's mothership trip @ SCI this past weekend (won the trip in Tournament last year). It was a fun time on the boat and it was good to see everyone. The food they stuff you with is off the chain and if you have never taken one of the Islander's mothership trips your seriously missing out. San Clemente Island doesn't disappoint. The fishing was good, I kept waiting for it to go richter but I had to settle for just good fishing for me. As usual the Calicos stole the show. I fished the boilers in the early morning trying to nail me an 8 pounder but just managed only to catch 3 pounders then I moved out to the kelp and stuck some nice fish. Fished by Kerry AKA Mr. BUGZ for the second half of the day and watched him put on a fishing clinic with the slug, the man can straight rope um on the slug!!! He got 10 fish to every 1 I caught on the slug, very impressive to watch. I got most of my fish on the BUGZ jigs (thanks Kerry for the freebies). If you don't have any of these jigs, get them, they flat out slay Calicos. Big props to my teammate Joe Patralia for bagging a monster 33.5 # Halibut that won the jackpot. I told you were going to get a 20 pounder but you had to out do that by 13lbs.

Joe with his jackpot winner

Ken
Team Dana Point Jet Ski, Hobie Kayaks, Ardent reels & Old Harbor Outfitters
Old 06-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Home Guard

kobra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SCI on the Islander

Lot of nice sportcoats Ken. Good job. Joe got himself a big butt. Sweet!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Baitfish

robertyak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SCI on the Islander

Good job Joe you finally got your big halibut