All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 10-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Home Guard

landwhale is on a distinguished road
Default Redondo Beach Friday

Meet up with Ron at Redondo Beach at 6 in the morning for my first fish there. The weather sure cooled down, put on Waders Sweatshirt and Dry top and hit the water off the small boat launch dock.

Headed out and south to the drop off, first thing I noticed was how much deeper it is dropping to 50 feet right out of the harbour. The wind was offshore and we fished the area for an hour before the offshores got so strong they were whitecaping and I headed in to fish the breakwater and hide from the winds. The winds died and I wanted to look for some structure so I looked at the GPS Ron brought me to try found and entry that said HO REEF so we headed there. The bottom we paddled over was really flat. Found an area of small structure and started fishing it and caught this nice bass after working it out of the bottom.

Fished the area for another hour and got slammed peeling drag then POP got the line back it was frayed badly OH WELL. We then started working south again in water 60 to 80 feet deep. Near the harbour entrance I hooked a nice sandie. About 1:30 Ron and I finished the day at the harbour mouth.

My fish

Then home after a great day exploring a new area thanks for the guide service Ron

My fish were caught on the New LK baits by Brian Sanner and a Reebs Razorback dipped in Uni Butter.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Home Guard

kobra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Redondo Beach Friday

Nice Steve. It's always fun to explore and find new places to fish. Especially when you catch fish.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Predator

paintnfish is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Redondo Beach Friday

Good fishing with you steve. lots of little
ladies on the reef today, just couldnt get
um to bite.

Tryed hard for a new pair of shades

What's next months species ?