All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Tournaments > All Other Kayak Fishing Tournaments

Old 09-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Baitfish

johnny is on a distinguished road
Default Bay Bass Tournament in Oct.

Southwind Kayak Center ask me to help get the word out on their upcoming tournament.

Third Annual Fish 'N Paddle Bay Bass Tournament
October 28th from 8am to 1pm, Newport Harbor, CA
Expert and First Timer divisions, lunch, prizes & full day of FUN!
For information and registration form,
http://www.southwindkayaks.com/fishtournaments.html

Sorry for the commercial. Last year's fishing was only so so, but they had great food, hope to see everyone there.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Bay Bass Tournament in Oct.

No need to apologize for the post. I have taken numerous Southwind Kayaks classes from my sea kayaking classes to my surf zones class at San "O" for coming and out of the surf with a kayak. It has proven very beneficial and I recommend anglers take your classes whenever I am asked. Doug & Joanne are always welcome to post their tournaments, open houses, demo days and other events here. Most of the local anglers who visit the forum here know of the shop and most have been to it once if not often, so here is not a bad place to announce things with that in mind.

The best part of all is I'll do my best to keep the tourney day open so I can join everyone else. Maybe catch a fish or two and have a good time with fellow anglers and Southwind

Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Last edited by PerryC; 10-28-2006 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Baitfish

johnny is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bay Bass Tournament in Oct.

Fish-N-Paddle Tournament Special Notice

We are really excited that Southwind Kayak’s third annual Fish-N-Paddle Tournament is almost here! It’s going to be a lot of fun. We have a couple of updates.

1) There has been a change in boat that will given out as a prize.

Wilderness Systems will not be able to deliver a new Ride in time for our tournament. So, we are changing the boat prize to a Tarpon 160i. As the Tarpon has a greater value than the Ride we don’t suspect anyone will have a problem with this change. If you win and you really preferred a Ride, you are welcome to wait for one to arrive (est. 3-4 weeks). The Tarpon will be available to go home with the winner.

2) We have also added a link on the Tournament page to a Pre-Registration List, (located in the box near the top of the page). This list will let you see who has signed up so far and if you’ve signed up you can check to be sure we have you on the list. If there are any problems please call us at the shop.
(Sorry, we didn’t do this sooner.) http://www.southwindkayaks.com/fishtournaments.html

3) It looks like we could be a few chairs short at the lunch and awards ceremony. If you have a favorite camp chair you may want to bring it.

We’ll see you at the tournament.

John Upchurch