All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 07-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Moss Back

Incredible will become famous soon enough
Default Bps

BPS in Rancho had the grand opening today at 5:30PM. Could not park within a mile and could not get within 100 yards of the door. However, it was nice seeing you all. Maybe in a few weeks it will calm down a bit.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Bps

Sounds like a full house. I think we're going to wait a few weeks and stop by and see how busy it is and pick up a few things. I could just imagine what a Cabelas opening might look like. TC&TL,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 07-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Bps

Yea, Everybody and their brother must have been there for the opening! We'll see how it is in a couple of weeks.

Robert
Old 07-20-2007, 04:43 AM
Moss Back

Incredible will become famous soon enough

Let me know when you guys plan on going and maybe we can get together for lunch or something. I only live about 15 minutes from there.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Home Guard

gone_fishing is on a distinguished road

Stopped by BPS on Thursday. Just about anything you can think of is there or probably can be ordered. Basically an outdoorsman's paradise. I'm still scratching my head at shotguns priced around $30K.
What the ? Does it shoot any straighter than the rest? I guess it's a showpeice that will sit in a case for all to see. To each his own I presume. Maybe next time I'll make it to the restaurant.
Hank's Rating: **** (4 out of 5 stars)

Hank

Old 07-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Bps

Hank,
Sounds like one of those fancy Italian gold inlaid and engraved trap or skeet over-under shotguns to me. It may get shot or may not, you never know.

I read in the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin there was a 1.5 hour wait at Lucille's, the bbq restaurant across for BPS until 10pm when they closed. The article also said 30% of the customers who goto BPS stay at a nearby hotel, so I guess it's sorta of a destination like an outlet mall or something. Sounds like a fun trip to me I was in a Sportsman's Warehouse in Colorado for 3 hours once, and I saw only half the store. It was waaay cool. TC&TL,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 07-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Barnacle Bob

Tarpon guy will become famous soon enough

Guys,

I met my daughter and grandsons at BPS Saturday, at about 11:00 AM. They live in Grand Terrace and were doing school shopping just a few miles away. We converged on Victoria Gardens and realized we would be parking a ways from BPS.

Ok, first of all...Wow! What a great store. Second, the crowds were still crazy. The store was paging a guy over the loud speaker saying his wife was looking for him. I joked with my daughter that the lady would not be seeing her husband any time soon. Probably getting her back for all the shopping trips she made him tag along.

The other point to remember when going to BPS is that Victoria Gardens is very busy in general. At least it was on Saturday. I missed the driveway to Joe's Crab Shack because of traffic and it took 15 minutes to make a U-turn back to the parking lot.

I picked up a few things I have not tried. Western Plastics had "Tommy Knockers" swim bait with sort of a Senorita look. I thought they were worth a try.

Since I have just started trying out spinners and regularly use swim baits, I picked up a hybrid spinner/swim bait by Storm. I also bought a pack of very bright neon colored baits, also by Storm. I have not cared for Storm in the past because the swim action was not very good on the baits I tried. These newer baits are softer and look like they will do better.

No chance for fishing this weekend. I hope someone else got out there.
Attached Images

"I fish because the voices in my head tell me to!"
Old 07-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about

Hank,
I here you on those high dollar shotguns! My uncle used to shoot trap and skeet
all the time. He had some Perrazzi's that were around $7000-$8000 a piece! This was 20 years ago! He said "cheaper" shotguns just didn't hold up as well. I would think that if the "cheaper" gun didn't hold up, you could just get another, and another, and another, and still be money ahead!

Tarpon Guy,
Those are some nice looking baits! It sounds like BPS is a madhouse right now.
They must be doing some major bank!$$$ I hope Cabela's and Sportsman's Warehouse are watching. All of them should have opened up stores in So Cal
years ago IMHO. I have been to the Cabela's in Phoenix several times. These places are addicting!

Robert

Last edited by Robert; 07-22-2007 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Home Guard

seaslug is on a distinguished road

so many lures - so little time!
Old 07-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Baitfish

Wonk is on a distinguished road

Bass Pro opened a huge store In Clarksville Indiana (about 15 min from me) last year (they bought a mall and spent about 2 years converting the whole thing into the store). Weekdays are a lot easier to shop than weekends.