All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All General Kayak Fishing Discussion > All Newbie Kayak Fishing Q&A

Old 07-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Baitfish

yagger is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Twin hull Yaks...........

I live in northern Calif, at the confluence of the Feather, Yuba and Sacramento rivers. There are also several good sized lakes and 3 hr to the ocean. Am looking for a unit to handle all of these conditions. Have come across a twin hull kayak that purports to do this. Has any one had any experience with this kind of craft? Would any and all comments, opinions and advice, Thanks, Yagger.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Home Guard

gone_fishing is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Twin hull Yaks...........

I have a Kiwi Angler. The stability and comfort are amazing. Though I do more bay fishing than open water fishing, I have taken it out to open water without any problem. Mind you, not too far though. What you gain in stability, you lose in speed. Personally, I believe a standard V-Hull is better suited for getting through choppy waters when the sea acts up. The Kiwi Angler does have a transom to accomodate a trolling motor. Nice feature to have.

Hank