All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All General Kayak Fishing Discussion > All Newbie Kayak Fishing Q&A

Old 08-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Baitfish

roseville jim is on a distinguished road
Default foot powered?

hi guys.
I`m looking to buy a kayak for fishing. Are the foot powered hobiesworth the money?are they durable?
To me the concept of having your hands free seems ideal.This newbie could use any advice you have.
thanks
Old 08-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Free Swimmer

kayaker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: foot powered?

one thig is for sure - I see more and more of them on the water.

Hobie boats seem like nice rides. Folks seem pretty high above the water, it must be dry. Some are moving very fast. But keep in mind it's still a snail race... It's a kayak.

I can see how having your hands ready for fishing by moving with your feet can help you place that jig right in someone's mouth. That must be nice.

BTW - I dunno, I'm just thinking aloud from my observations.

I paddle Malibu Extreme and love the damn thing. I wish I had more time to spend on it.

The best advice you can get is to try as many different models as you can. You will know when you like one.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Predator

Granite Goliath is on a distinguished road
Default Re: foot powered?

While fishing I've come across a few on the water. Great speed, I've even seen a few start to rerig while on the move.

Plus, they troll pretty well. I'm new and on occassion I've hit my line and I know that hurts presentation, even if for a short time.

You still need the paddle to go reverse and what if the fish runs across the fins, that could lead to a tangle.

Everything has its pros and cons, but I know in March when the Fred Hall Fishing Show comes to town I will be buying one