All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default Another night at the Wall

First off, Perry answer your phone this could have been you...

Last minute deal last night as I needed to test out my trolling motor repairs before this weekends SWBA tourney. Scrounged up a crew and off to "The Wall" we went.

First hour was just WFO on big sandbass and 2-3lb calicos, too many to count and most like this

Moved down the line a bit and then Mike is just hammered, 65lb Spectra on the Curado 300 with an Extra Heavy Crucial rod bent in half. At first we are saying "Ah, your on the bottom", but then he starts making headway. After a good 5 minute battle, we see this MONSTER head pop up behind the boat and I am thinking easily a 10lb calico !!

Wrong, it ended up being this bad boy!!!!

First Ling Cod on the Kupuna!!!

Mike went to lip it for a photo and we told him to take a look inside before he did that

Released to fight another day.

The bite pretty much shutdown after that with only a few fish over the next 3 hours.

75% of the fish were on swimbaits last night, not too much love for the creature baits.

TM worked great and another nice trip out to The Wall.

All pics taken with the new Optio Waterproof Camera, I'm diggin' it!!

Ed