View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Baitfish

BlueDaksi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from Dixie

Five years ago, I purchased a 12' Perception Sundance - a decent sit inside kayak. I paddled it quite a bit on the nearby Finger Lakes for most of a season, but never fished from it. Actually, the thought really had not crossed my mind. I was also in the market for a fishing boat at the time and when the subject came up, my Dad (I'm in my 40s btw...) asked "Why don't you fish from your kayak?". Considering that they were used for whaling, I decided I would give it a shot. After my first time out, I was addicted!

I too had no idea that there were people who had alread advanced rigging kayaks for fishing and so didn't think to look. I just began adding pole holders, built an equipment deck, and purchased a portable fish finder among other mods to make my kayak a fishing machine. Afterwards, I stumbled upon a kayak fishing forum (can't remember which one...) and found that I wasn't so original afterall. I've learned lots since then... I now have five kayaks, three of which are equipped for fishing, and I'm looking to get a bigger rig as I post this so I can take it over and try some saltwater fishing!

I'm a newb here myself and this is my first post, but welcome just the same!