View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default Clemente Saturday

Woke up Saturday morning at 3:30am and started loading the boat for a trip to Clemente. Walk out the door and there is already a "noticable" west wind blowing. I'm thinking, this is not a good sign

Met EJ and Tom at Davies to buddy boat and we go outside the harbor. Not too much wind and after a pretty flat ride to the East End of Cat off to Clemente. Really nice ride all the way over.

Jeff and I pull into a spot around the backside and 2nd cast I hang a 6lb fish and Jeff get's a nice 4lb+ fish. We work this one rock for about an hour and end up with 20+ fish, most in the 3-6lb range. Got em on iron and #5 Pearl Swimbaits.

Jeff with a colorful model

Had a big 8lb fish blow up on a jig and miss, did the drop back and he hit and missed a 2nd time...

Eric & Tom joined us and we moved back around the East End and had a slow pick inside and then moved to some of the out kelps, and for another 30-60 minutes, it was pretty wide open with bass busting bait in the kelp matts and stringers. At one point I had 6 fish on 6 casts.

Got 'em on Sluggos, Pearls and 5" Mission Fish swimbaits.

Had another HUGE fish come up next to the boat and try to eat a swimbait out of a hooked fish's mouth. The larger model actually bit the bait in 1/2 and swam off with it's reward.

Worked our way towards Pyramid and got a few more nice fish on the iron

By 2pm the wind was howling, maybe we should have left at noon like we talked about

4 hours to get back to Alamitos, just BRUTAL!!!!!

The swells weres so tight that we literally missed running INTO and over a marlin by about 5 feet on the return trip home. Haven't seen a tail walk like that in some time!

Good times either way!!!

Ed