View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default PV and The Wall Sunday Night

Decided on a last minute trip up to PV and the Wall Sunday and friend Normie decide to hop on.

Plan was to roll up to PV before dark and see what was biting. Wind was pretty steady but the lack of any swell made it easy to work up into PV.

Found a nice spot of kelp in deeper water and first cast with the iron was greeted by no less than 5 boils on the trip back to the boat. Norm tossed a swimmy and was instantly hooked up.

We played in the spot until about 9:30pm getting some nice calicos and a few WSB, one almost legal at 27".

Norm got a few callies on the iron and the rest came on swimbaits

While I was catching decent fish, Norm proceeded to take my camera and snap a few exciting shots of my GPS antenna. Now I enjoy good photo skills as much as the next guy, but Normies work takes it to a new level

You really have to appreciate how he frames the GPS module here with a blurred image of my 4+lb bass in the background. This angle just sucks (you into the moment.)

or here, how Norm tries to blend three distinct objects, the GPS, a decent bass and a wicked sunset all into one layered image

All joking aside, Norm just hammered the fish out there whilst we attempted to maintain out position over the kelp!

As we were leaving PV, Norm offered me a beverage and a new type of vitamin, something he called a Ruffie. The stuff is pretty good. I must've been tired cause the rest of the night was kind of a blur

...and I think I tripped over backwards on a tackle box cause my a$$ was pretty sore this morning

We moved to the Wall were we had a pretty good pick on Calicos, sandies, and Norm mixed it up with 2 flavors of perch and a flying sculpin

Norm with the largest Zebra Perch I have ever seen.

Really good times again with well over 40 fish in the boat and no less than 10 zing-pows on the Wall.

Ed