View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Barracuda

LEGEND KILLER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dana Point September 25th Sign Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Mike,

2 weeks to go!

We had one walk up in KM last week and that is it. I spoke with the operator of the boat launch a few days ago and they want my manifest by the Tuesday prior. I let them know we anticipate 50-70 people and about 40 vehicles. Don't forget $10 per vehicle for parking.

As of now we have no weigh boats and the usual slackers who sign up at the last minute....or will they.

Can't blame some of the past weigh boat operators for not helping out. I know they are not always available for these dates. They do tend to get beat up quite a bit by the demands of the kayaker.

The only thing I would add to this is that they know how to operate a hand scale,.................like zeroing out the scale after each fish

It should also be stressed that each angler should have an adequate livewell system for their yak. This statement is not to be construed as being discriminatory to newby anglers, but more of what you should have when you partake in a TOURNAMENT, that an a proper measuring device to ensure guys don't weigh in short fish or dead fish.

Unless it is deathly slow fishing, don't be calling the weigh boat to come over to weigh only one fish..............unless that fish is exceptionally large and will not fit in your livewell.