View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Home Guard

gone_fishing is on a distinguished road
Default Horseshoe Kelp 7/22

Headed out with Joe and my son Gabriel for a run to Horseshoe Kelp for the day. Joe sent me some positive fishing reports earlier in the week. There were reports of solid Barracuda and San Bass bites. When we arrived at the landing, everybody and their brother were launching. Figure they caught wind of the reports. We decided to forego the bait barge and fish plastics and irons. From the minute we started fishing until the time we left, boats filled the Shoe to get in on the action. Considering the fact that we had no live bait, we didn't do too bad. My camera's battery took a dive after one or two pics but Joe used his cell to get a couple of shots.

This is the not the complete tally but the fish that made it home for the bbq.

Can anyone identify this fish? (Notice the Iron Chuckers Thumb )

This is the second part of the report. We caught a few Mac's and decided to cut one or two up for bait and head back in to fish one of the Long Beach islands before we called it a day. After a short Halibut, a few Spotted Sand Bass, and a Shovel-Nose Shark, Gabriel hauls in this this bad boy which unfortunately we had to release .

This Lobster would make any "Bug" enthusiast envy.

Can you beleive it? Great Lobster, bad timing!!! Oh well, we know exactly where to go come next season. If this can't make you lick your chops, nothing will!

See you on the water.

Hank