Thread: Encinitas 6/29
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Barracuda

Beachem is on a distinguished road
Default Encinitas 6/29

Started out the morning by checking out Carlsbad, the tide was low and I didn’t see anything that looked like it was holding fish. Drove down to Ponto, pretty much the same conditions. Went to Encinitas and spotted one area that looked like it might have possibilities. Got on the beach about 8:30 found some sand crabs and got a line in the water. First cast and I feel a tap, tap I swing and Fish-on! It’s taking some line and I’m thinking it s a corbina. A little while later I land this guy.

After a successful catch, photo and release toss another crab out and swing and a hit. I could tell this one’s a little smaller but a good fighter.

Take a picture and send him on this way. Starting to bait up again and behind me I see the pack junior lifeguards entering the water. The decided the one spot they should do the swim portion of their morning run, swim, run is the one and only spot that’s holding fish, time to move on. Saw a couple of corb’s in the shallows but couldn’t get any of them to bite. Came back to the area that I’d caught the two corb’s after the J.L.’s were finish with their morning swim but the conditions had changed and the beach was starting to get crowded so I took off.

BC