Thread: Newport Report
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Newport Report

After a few set backs as far as a yak transport vehicle, kayak and having the weather cooperate, I was very ready to wet a line. Because I was going to be paddling my new kayak for the first time, something in a harbor was appropriate, and close to home is Newport. I arrived in the afternoon and met a fellow yakker named Art whom was nice enough to fill me in on the fishing and even give me a couple of the baits he was using. The wind was up but I was going fishing. For the first couple of hours, the tide was coming in at a good clip and the wind was a strong offshore blow. Instead of tossing plastics other baits for the bass, I decided to drop shot some grubs so I could control the kayak to some degree and do some drifts. There was alot of action on the grubs, but they were dinks Then a few clouds came over and put some water on my head, but I stayed and hoped for the wind to die down just a bit and the tide to slow. Two hours into the trip, I was rewarded with just a breeze and a slower incoming tide just about to peak. I grabbed the bass stick and tried some baits my friend in Italy sent me smothered in Hot Sauce. The first pic is one of the cookie cutter 13 inch spotties I caught. The second photo is the 16 inch spottie I caught. Needless to say, I was happy ....Another successful "Night Ops" with the bass.
Perry
Attached Images

Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube