Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Baitfish

smallmouth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newbie

Hi there,
I'm from southern Ontario, Canada where hardly anyone fishes from a sit on top kayak. Many years ago I bought a sit in kayak and have used it for fishing and camping excursions with a great deal of enjoyment. Today I am going to pick up a new Tarpon 120 and will enter the world of sit-on top kayak fishing. I will need help with rigging suggestions.

I also really enjoy fishing stillwaters with my Outcast Fat Cat float tube which I have rigged with a strap on Hummingbird Piranahmax20 with the transducer hanging off the pointed end mounted on an eight inch piece of pool noodle. I used a sealed gel cell battery and store it in one of the Fat Cat pockets. This is very uncomplicated but it works.

I would like to be able to switch the finder back and forth between yak and tube especially since I may actually pack or tow the float tube along on extended trips. Anybody use an easily removeable system for their FF's? I guess I could buy an extra transducer for the yak but I'm open to other suggestions. Thanks!

This picture will show how I got the bug for a more efficient fishing kayak. I could not believe how well this borrowed Pungo Classic performed on the water.