View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Red face Re: New Specialty rod for Kayak Anglers

AT1,
Maybe this may help shed some light.

I have not used one of these rods, but from what others have said, someone at the factory may want to consider something. In this rod, take the butt length which seems to be a bone of contention. The reason being is I'm sitting down, not standing in boat while fishing with it. If your rod has too long of a butt section on a trigger stick, what happens is the butt section protrudes in back of you to some degree, especially if you palm your reel and not hang onto the trigger. The distance it protrudes in back of you means it could easily come into a conflict with your kayak seat, other rigging, or flat out make it impossible to sit back in your seat while fishing. If you sit sideways, no problem. However, if I'm in the big salty fishing a breakwall for bass, I may have 20 lb line on with a buttoned down drag. I'm not going to do this sitting sideways.

I dunno who they had supply their input on behalf of kayak anglers before they produced this series, but maybe someone didn't consider something they should have. Just my .02,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube