View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Halibut Killer

Kiyo is on a distinguished road
Default Malibu Kayak Stealth 14 with X-Wing

Well it's not yet finished but here it is. My new Malibu Stealth 14 with the X-wing.

Now inside the kayak I had Andy at OEX in Sunset Beach add a floating Bilge Pump so if it fills with water it will pump the water back out automatically.

Here is the battery for the automatic bilge pump and my pump for the internal bait tank between my legs. It runs on a 6 volt 12 amp. battery.

Here is the switch to turn the bait tank on or off. Even if the switch is off, it will still trigger the floating bilge pump in the back if the kayak fills with water.

This is the view of the big hatch over the bait tank. A little big for me but good for Anthony to fill me up with bait easier at the bait barge.

But when I close this big hatch, take a look at my other hatch I had Andy install which makes it a whole lot easier to get bait. Plus I can open and close it a lot easier.

My transducer is now mounted on the Malibu X-Wing so I now have my ducer on the outside instead of thru the plastic for better readings. I will soon be having a Humminbird side view model so this is perfect.

This is the hatch on the side of the x-wing to store the battery for the fishfinder.

The same old bait tank for those longer days of fishing. And will be used for a livewell for Bass Tournaments.

Plenty of rod holder storage!

A view of the fishfinder (temporary Eagle 242) until I get some more info. at the Fred Hall Show for the sideview Humminbird models.

Here are some live Mackerals from our last tournament in La Jolla. Mr. Pliska was kind enough to give me a few. I had the bottom drain plug out and kept the tank pump on low. Bait was really fresh and lively.

I'll be adding more photos soon. Hopefully with some fish!