View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Tidelands (San Diego Bay) Report 5/28

I met Jackie and Bob at Tidelands Park on Coronado Island in San Diego Bay at 5:30 A.M. We launched a little after 6:00. We paddled over to the area between the moored sailboats and the bridge and started fishing. Jackie was kind enough to let me have a couple of Big Hammer swimbaits that had been working well for her and Bob lately. I am a believer in them too because I landed a keeper halibut on one of them in the first 10 minutes! He was too close to call on the length, so I let him go. I paddled over to the flat by the Anfib base. I caught a few spotties right away. I switched colors with my spinnerbait from firetiger to chartreuse and the fishing picked up big time! I nailed well over a dozen spotties trolling and casting the spinnerbait in a short time! I switched back over to the swimbait and caught more than I could count until both of baits were destroyed.

I picked up a short halibut around 12 inches and a bunch more bass. To be honest, I don't know exactly how many spotties I landed today. I lost count after about 15. Probably 30+ with about half a dozen being tournament legal.
It was good fishing today! We were all hooked up constantly. One time we had a triple hookup! Jackie definitely caught the most today. The fish were definitely happy to see her leave ! Surprisingly there wasn't that much boat traffic today. No more than an average weekend day in the Summer. We called it a day around 11:45. Once again, Jackie and Bob, it was a lot of fun fishing with you guys again.

Robert