View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default Sierras Trip - Bassin' & Troutin'

Took last week off and headed up the 395 with my two older sons. Planned stops for bass and trout.

SHORT VERISON

Over 100 bass and 150 trout in 6 days of fishing

LONG VERSION:

First few days were spent in the Owens Valley tubing the ponds for a decent bite on LMB. Lots each day with the biggest around 3lbs.

The boys also "slayed" the bluegill each day!!!

7am the first day - lookin' fishy

Ryan scored a nice one right away

Not to be out done, little brother hammers away

I guess I gotta get in on the action

Plus a few other random fish

When fishing slows, we capture other "wildlife"!!

Next we hit up North Lake, on our way up to Parchers Resort. Got lots of nice Brownies, Brookies and Rainbows

Approx 50 fish the first day up here

Next 2 days it was trout fishing on South Lake. 35 fish the first day and 60 fish the second day.

Day one I managed the Trout Grand Slam, catching rainbow, golden, brook and brown trout on the same day.

Day two we caught a ton of fish including this nice 4lb 11oz rainbow

In between all the fishing we did manage a few cool hikes. This one up to about 10,500 on the pass of the backside of South Lake

This up towards Sawmill Pass in the Owens Valley

We also visited the Manzanar Memorial along the 395. This was the camp where anyone associated with Japanese ancestory during WW II was "relocated". Very interesting place. After visiting the museum there and reading of all the emotions that went thru everyone, then and now, I thought this American Flag, placed at the entry to the cemetery, was quite ironic

Another epic trip with the boys!!!

Ed