View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Red face Re: Huntington harbor 6/5/07

Fishfinder,
I would say for Newport, just keep doing what you're doing and if you're not getting bit, move around to different places. Probably not what you're looking for, but if you're working the boat docks and not scoring, maybe change your baits or move and try the moorings. If that's not working for you, try the channel and get around the eelgrass, that type of thing. The layout is larger, but very similar also. Moorings, some docks, some eel grass etc...I would say to work them just like you are now to start with. There is alot of fish in Newport, but no single spot where I cast in and crank out large bass at. If there was, I'd be there every weekend There's fish, but you have to sorta work at them and don't be afraid to try new baits and spots.

Coast Guard Beach is probably the nicest place to launch, but during summer they restrict the launch times because you transport your kayak over the sand where the other peeps are getting some sun and playing. By Paddlepower Kayaks at 15th street is another launch with a small beach.
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube