View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Free Swimmer

flatinfifth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oceanside Results

Will,

Gary Dobyns is a fine individual and has a professional bass fishing record that spans probably more than twenty five years with over 40 boats won in tournament competition. The man can fish. He has put this experience into the design and perfection of his fishing rod arsenal. I have G-Loomis rods for freshwater that I acquired through contacts when fishing pro bass tournaments in the early to mid 90's. I still have them for fresh water and they are great rods. I also have one Powell rod but I find it a bit on the heavy side; still a finely engineered and built rod.

We were blessed when we stumbled unto the Dobyns program as they are a first class company in every way. The product is a well-kept secret in bass circles and the demand has outstripped supply. The Dobyns rods disappear off the shelves as quickly as they come in and they are usually back ordered. Gary is going through great lengths to rectify this.

I have now had a chance to fish the new Dobyns rods and I can tell you that they are incredibly sensitive and I believe lighter than their counterpart G-Loomis rods. They have their own proprietary carbon fiber weave/lay up protocol that makes them incredibly sensitive, light and strong. My belief is that when fish are aggresive, a broom stick can work effectively; you don't need sensitivity when they rip the rod out of your hands. But when the fishing gets tough as it did this weekend, sensitivity is the key to getting bit. Do I believe that sensitivity helped both Al and me, you bet. How much? I can't quantitatively say. All I know is that the product is first class, it is largely designed with the input of one of the finest professional bass guys in the country and it is his company, not a major corporate product. As such it warrants the respect that I give it. Dobyns is a first-class show.
Gary is listening to our feedback and making fine tuning adjustments to the product line for salt water. There are a few surprises coming down the road. We'll have to wait and see.

I'll be glad to let you use one of mine if you ever see me on the water.

Tight lines Will,

Angel Figueras