View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 05:55 AM
Baitfish

Johnny N. is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from a new guy

Hey all. Cool place you have here. I have recently become obsessed with the idea of kayak fishing and thought you guys could help.

I had been wanting one of those small 2 man, pontoon type bass fishing boats for a while. I'm not sure what you would call them but they are about 10' long with two seats. I just wanted something to get into the small lakes/ponds and canals around here to do some bass fishing.

All of the sudden the other day, the idea of getting a kayak popped into my head. And now I'm obsessed. I know next to nothing about it but I just have to have one now. I love the idea of the boat being small, no motor or battery to deal with and the idea that I can get some exercise in the process.

I have read through some posts and learned some things already but I definitely have a lot to learn. I also have some time. I am about to have shoulder surgery so I wouldnt be able to paddle for several months anyway. I'll spend some time here learning and looking for the kayak that fits me best.