View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Baitfish

kayakjak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kayak Fishing Book Help Needed

Those guys putting their yaks in the winter are really missing out. I fish year round in mine here in the midwest. Last year I found open water when most lakes were frozen and still caught trout and perch.

Remember there is more than the coastlines. I've got a paradise right in my backyard here. Crystal clear spring fed water, Big Bass, 12 other species of fish and well protected from the elements. Also a couple larger lakes that we catch lots of White Bass and Hybrid Striped Bass by the hundreds! The techniques we use are probably a little different from the coasts but we still catch fish, and at a high rate. Lately with the large Shad hatch we can throw our cast net once and get 200-300 shad in the net for bait.

There are hundreds of people taking up this type of fishing every month and your book would be a great help but experience has been my mainstay and the forums are wonderful to learn from people.

If any of you guys want to experience some excellent fishing from kayaks just let me know. There is a bed and breakfast 5 minutes from the lake at $60 per night and I will cook you the best Rib-Eye you ever ate.

We are about 3.5 hours east of Denver in SW Nebraska.

Kayakjak http://www.kayakjak.com/fishing