View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Baitfish

Toad Patrol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kayak Fishing Book Help Needed

Gee, a book on kayak fishing, huh? What exactly do you want to accomplish?
Get more newbies on the water, who'll soon be fishing your (or my) favorite spot while you're at the keyboard?
Educate the average kayak angler with chapters on rigging, knots, species ID, bait,lure, and equiptment choices, blah blah blah? (I thought that's what the long years of experience was supposed to do.)
Maybe an inspirational (sp?) book with lots of beautiful photos and stories of heroic angling and exotic destinations like the Farralon Is. for great whites or the Amazon for pirannahs? I know, trolling for pit bulls and hookers in the LA river!
How about squid flavored pages that I can rip out and use for chum?
A chapter on first aid for idiots who hook themselves in the face.
Or how to look cool in a hazmat suit?
Which kayak has a draft beer dispenser?
Which sealife are psychotropic?
How not to get ground up in the prop of angry sport boat captains, or drunk ski boat drivers.
Which bait tastes great, in case you don't catch anything.
Ten reasons NOT to wear your PFD.
Murphy's Laws. (like: the more expensive the gear the more likely to flip in the surf, or tell your wife your bringing home dinner means no bites at all.)
All great questions, I'm sure you'll agree.
I'd personally like a book of maps detailing everybody else's secret spot.
I can't wait for my copy (I'm outa TP)
Just kidding of course. Good Luck.
Actually we don't need any more books, tackle, boats, gizmos. We need a new improved FISH! One that grows like a dorado, fights like a wahoo, tastes great, lives in polluted water, and hands back your pliers when you drop them overboard.
-Scott