View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Scupper cart wheels

SS,
Which types of plastic wheels are you using? If you have a photo of them, maybe you could attach them to a post so we can see which ones you have.

I'm getting some photos together on carts, and I shot these at the Coast Guard Beach and my driveway.

This is a photo after I used my Roleez cart and pulled the Big Game across the sand. As you can see, it went across pretty well. Also, I'm not saying the Roleez carts are the best value or quality out there. They cost about $170 or more which I think is way too much, and I have had to replace both wheel bearings on mine which were broken when taken out of the box. They're also no longer made in the USA, but China like so many other products these days.

In the photo below, you see how the width of the tires compare to one of the COD kayak carts out there. I like the COD style cart because it is alot easier to carry and for smooth surfaces they ain't bad.

Maybe the one coming out from Hobie would work out better for you? I haven't had the chance to see one yet. You could always pull your kayak across the sand, but I think if you had the right cart maybe you wouldn't have to and it may be easier on you and your equipment. Just a thought,

PerryC.
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube